Dear Driscoll Families: Welcome to the 2015-16 School Year!The Driscoll Parent-Teacher Organization is an entirely volunteer organization run by Driscoll parents and teachers. It is where parents can become involved in Driscoll life. The PTO organizes programs and events; builds community among and between parents, teachers, staff and students; and fundraises to support these efforts and other educational programs at Driscoll.We raise about $200,000 a year. We provide funds to teachers for classroom supplies and special projects; to the library for books and materials; and to our own programs that enhance Driscoll’s strong academic curriculum. The last couple of years, the PTO has also furnished the school with 40 iPads and an iPad charging station.As a Driscoll parent, you are a member of the PTO! To make it work for you, give your time—volunteer with a PTO program or event. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people or to learn about your child’s schooling. Donate money—go to our website and make a (tax-deductible) donation.This year, the PTO is rolling out improved electronic communications. Alice Speck has spent the summer moving us into the 21st century. Here it is:
- PTO E-bulletin. You will receive one e-mail on Mondays with the E-Bulletin (similar to Bluesheet) and one brief Thursday e-mail with the “Thursday Update.”
- PTO web-site (http://driscollpto.digitalpto.com): An up-to-date, mobile-friendly site, with an events calendar, new and old e-bulletins; volunteer information, program descriptions, and more!
- Facebook.com/DriscollSchoolPTO page has the latest PTO news. Like us! Follow us!
- Twitter: Follow @DriscollPTO for quick updates and reminders.
For grade-level communications: Be on the lookout for e-mails from the classroom’s Room Parent or Village Leader. They’ll let you know about classroom and grade-level events.We need room parents for 6th, 7th, 8th grade. Contact Lori Day at DriscollRoomParents@gmail.com.Fall programs: We are already preparing for our great programs and events!
- New parent breakfast (9/16 8 a.m.): Learn about the PTO and meet new families!
- Back-to-school picnic (9/16 5-7 p.m.): Connect with old friends and make new ones!
- DASA—Driscoll After-School Activities (9/21 - 12/2): Superb 1 hour, 8 session classes.
- Fall Fling Dance (10/22), 6 p.m.: Just a lot of fun for all!
- Early Release Movies (11/10, 11/18, 12/1, 2/9): Kids see movies; parents get longer day.
- Book Fair (11/16-11/20): Buy your books for the holidays and support the PTO.
- Science Solstice (12/11): A day when the whole school does science!
We are looking forward to a fun and participatory year!All the best,The Driscoll PTOSara Stoutland, Lori Day, Lakia RutherfordCo-Presidents.Not receiving the PTO E-Bulletin on Monday’s? Contact us at driscollPTO@gmail.com