FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
We are excited to see you all for the first day of school! Please refer to our parent handbook for Driscoll 101!
First Day of School Procedures
The first day of school is an exciting day and we cannot wait to see you! For 1st-8th grade students, the first day will be on Thursday, September 6th. For Kindergarten students, the first day is eitherThursday, September 6th or Friday, September 7th (not on both days) and will be dismissed at 12:40. Your first day assignment was sent with your kindergarten class information. All Kindergarten students come to school on Tuesday, September 11th.For all Driscoll students, the school day is from 8am-2:30pm Monday-Thursday and from 8am-1:40pm on Fridays. On their first day, students should arrive between 7:45AM and 7:55AM. There will be many signs and friendly staff members helping every student get to where they need to go.Students should go to the following meeting places when they arrive on the first day (not to their classrooms).
- Kindergarten will meet in the library (look for a sign with your teacher's name).
- 1st grade will meet in the cafeteria (look for a sign with your teacher's name).
- 2nd-5th grade will meet on the tennis courts (look for a sign with your teacher's name); in the case of rain, 2nd-5th grade students will wait in the main lobby/hallway near the library and main office until 7:50am and then proceed to classrooms.
- 6th-8th grade will meet in the theater.
Just after 8:00AM, once all students are gathered together, K-5 students will line up with their teacher and walk to their classroom together as a class. Kindergarten parents will spend a short time in the classroom with their children to help ensure a smooth transition. 6th-8th grade students will start their day with a meeting in the theater.
DAILY HOURS AT SCHOOL
REGULAR SCHOOL HOURS
Pre-Kindergarten:Monday to Friday: 8:05 am to 12:15 pm
Kindergarten to 8th Grade:
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00 am to 2:30 pmFriday: 8:00 am to 1:40 pm
EARLY DISMISSAL DAYS
- Parent Conferences (8 days/year) 8:00 am to 12:40 pm (lunch is served)
- Day before Thanksgiving and Last Day of School: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm (lunch is NOT served)
LUNCH AND RECESS BREAKS
Students at each grade level from kindergarten through eighth grades will enjoy 20 minutes to eat lunch each day. With regard to recess, students in Grades K - 5 will have 29 minutes/day (or approximately 145 min/week) and students in Grades 6 - 8 will have 22 minutes/day (or approximately 90 min/week).
The Town makes automated phone calls to advise families of any cancellations.