Driscoll PTO seeks nominations for PTO Co-Chair and TreasurerAny member of the Driscoll community may nominate a community member, including themselves. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, May 13, 2016. Members of the PTO board will elect these positions during the PTO board meeting on May 17, at 8 a.m.If you are interested in nominating someone or have questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
The PTO has three co-chairs, who together are responsible for ensuring the PTO fulfills it's mission of organizing events, building community and fundraising for the Driscoll community.
As such, the co-chairs:
Develop and oversee the annual PTO budget,
Recruit program chairs and ensure program chairs receive the support and volunteers needed to run smoothly.
As appropriate, act as point persons, to facilitate communication between Driscoll administration and parents; teachers and parents; and among parents.
Run the PTO Executive Committee meetings. (historically, Monday at 8 a.m.)
Chair four meetings of the full PTO board and two Open Forums per year.
Share these duties based on their strengths and schedules
- Monitors the PTO budget, processes payments and deposits, and oversees tax returns.
- Works closely with a professional bookkeeper and accountant.
- Produce quarterly financial statements for the PTO board.
- As a voting member of the PTO Executive Committee, participates in the weekly PTO Executive meetings (historically, Monday at 8 a.m.)
- Participates in four full PTO board meetings per year.
The terms for both positions will run for 3 years, from September 2016 to June 2019.